Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pasta Primavera

1 cup red bell peppers

1 cup fresh mushrooms
¼ cup onions
3 cloves of garlic
¼ cup butter
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp dried basil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
½ tsp salt
hot cooked angel hair pasta

in a large skillet saute the red peppers, mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter.
Add the cream, basil, chicken and salt.
Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one was quick and easy and uses stuff I almost always have on hand.  The angel hair pasta cooks super fast, so it all takes about 30 minutes to cook.  Brian, Brooke and I loved it.  Alison ate it, but it wasn't her favorite...and Ellie didn't eat any of it.  I think next time I will cut down the cream and find another way to thicken the sauce.  It tasted amazing, BUT  that's a ton of calories and cholesterol!

I also think I will add more veggies next time...it would be good with asparagus or carrots, or even cut green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment